Renting luxury villas for vacations is one of the new trends that are fast gaining popularity with holidaymakers all over the world, especially those planning holidays on beaches, Islands or in hilly localities. Rentals for the best villas can be very steep and, while that may not make much of a difference to the super-rich, they can burn a hole in the pocket for most of us. All the same, with so much being said about enjoying vacations in the lap of luxury, you may be tempted to do the same to make your holiday a once-in-a-life time experience. That being the case, it is better to do some comparisons between the pros and cons of renting luxury villas vs. a hotel room for your next trip in order to avoid being disappointed later on or having too many expectations.
Hotels vs. Luxury Villas
- Privacy: If privacy is high on your priority list and you are prepared to pay a premium for it, hiring a luxury villa is the perfect choice as you can enjoy only so much privacy if you are booked into a hotel. Forget the common areas; even in your room there are going to be intrusions from housekeeping staff when you least want them!
- Space: Luxury villas have a lot more space than a large hotel room or even a suite. If you are travelling with family or friends, and need space for some fun time together, going for a villa may be the best choice. But if you plan to do some sightseeing, instead of spending time just sitting and relaxing, that space may be wasted.
- Beach front: If you are holidaying on an island or are going to be near the sea, hiring a beach front villa makes a lot of sense as it gives you 24 hour access to the beach and an opportunity to laze around and get some sun, not to mention enjoying the sounds and sights of sea and waves in the mornings and late evenings. It is also great for planning a beach party. All of these are difficult to achieve with convenience if you are in a hotel, even if it is sea facing.
- Services: A luxury hotel scores a lot more in terms of services provided, like clean rooms and bathrooms, laundry, pick ups and drop offs to and from the airport, organized sightseeing trips through the travel desk, 24 hour room service, high speed internet, baby sitting services and a host of other services which may or may not be available when you hire a luxury villa. On the upside, some villa owners allow you to customize your deal and pay for services that you want and leave out the rest. Also, some of the best villas provide all of the above services to their guests.
- Safety: Safety can be a concern when you hire a villa instead of a hotel as villas are usually located away from the crowded city areas in order to ensure your privacy. Hotels, on the other hand, have guards and other infrastructures in place to ensure guest safety at the premises. If you are paying for a luxury villa for other reasons like privacy and space, it is better to make enquiries about security arrangements at the property beforehand or it may prove to be a costly mistake.
Whether the expense associated with finding the best villas is worth it or not really depends on your priorities as well as your expectations from your holiday.