Ubud is a beautiful town in Bali, Indonesia, known for its stunning rice paddies, traditional art and culture, and vibrant spirit. Whether you are an art lover, an outdoor enthusiast, or just looking for a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life, Ubud has something for everyone. Here are 9 things to do in Ubud that are sure to make your trip an unforgettable experience:
- Visit the Monkey Forest: This popular attraction is home to hundreds of playful monkeys that roam freely through the lush jungle. Visitors can watch the monkeys climb trees and play, or take a walk through the jungle to admire the beautiful scenery.
- Explore the Rice Terraces: Ubud is surrounded by beautiful rice paddies, and a visit to Tegalalang Rice Terrace is a must. Take a walk along the terraces and enjoy the breathtaking views of the lush green rice fields and the distant mountains.
- Visit the Ubud Art Market: The Ubud Art Market is a great place to find unique, locally-made souvenirs, including traditional textiles, jewelry, and wood carvings. Haggling is expected, so be sure to practice your bargaining skills.
- Take a Yoga Class: Ubud is known for its vibrant yoga scene, and there are plenty of studios and retreats offering daily classes. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced practitioner, a yoga class in Ubud is a must-do for anyone looking to find inner peace and balance.
- Visit the Ubud Palace: This stunning palace is the residence of the royal family of Ubud and is open to visitors. The palace features traditional Balinese architecture and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and courtyards.
- Explore the Ubud Monkey Forest Sanctuary: The Ubud Monkey Forest Sanctuary is a natural reserve and temple complex that is home to hundreds of monkeys. Visitors can take a guided tour of the complex and learn about the local ecosystem and culture.
- Visit the Ubud Royal Palace: This historic palace is the center of Ubud’s cultural and spiritual life and is open to visitors. The palace features traditional Balinese architecture and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and courtyards.
- Visit the Gunung Kawi Temple: This ancient temple is carved into the side of a cliff and features 10 shrines dedicated to the Balinese royalty. The temple is a popular spot for hiking and is surrounded by stunning rice paddies and lush jungles.
- Take a Cooking Class: Ubud is known for its delicious cuisine, and a cooking class is a great way to learn about the local ingredients and traditional cooking methods. Classes typically include a visit to a local market to buy fresh ingredients, followed by a hands-on cooking experience.
Whether you are looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, Ubud has something for everyone. These 9 things to do in Ubud are sure to make your trip an unforgettable experience.